Congresswoman Delia Ramirez is excited to share that the U.S. House of Representatives is accepting requests for Community Project Funding (CPF) during the Fiscal Year 2024 budget cycle. CPF allows each Congressional Member to submit requests to the House Appropriations Committee for up to 15 projects in their community which are then considered for funding during the appropriations process.
Below you will find details on the process and timeline our office has established to receive requests from interested entities, general eligibility requirements with links to the applications, and the next steps our office will take to continue working with you.
Timeline & Process
- Application Window & Deadline (Now – Monday, March 20, 2023, by 11:59 PM (CT))
- A public application is live on our website at: ramirez.house.gov/services/appropriations
- All applicants must submit their completed application, including all requested supporting documents, by Monday, March 20, 2023, by 11:59 PM (CT).
- Review Period (Begins Tuesday, March 21, 2023)
- An initial review of all applicants to gauge eligibility will be conducted and all applicants that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be notified.
- Congresswoman Ramirez’s office will review all eligible applications with a special emphasis on the impact of the project and demonstrated community support.
- Notification Regarding Application Status By April 10, 2023
- The Office of Congresswoman Ramirez will announce on our website the 15 Community Project Funding Requests that will be formally advanced to the House Appropriations Committee for possible funding. All applicants will receive an update regarding the status of their request.
The following entities are eligible to apply for CPF funding:
- Nonprofit Organizations
- State Government
- Local Government
- Tribal Government
- Territorial Government
Only projects that fall under specified appropriations accounts may be considered for funding. Each of these accounts has specific eligibility criteria that must be met, please review them carefully. The accounts eligible for the FY24 are listed below with direct links to our office’s application:
- Transportation-Housing and Development
- Homeland Security
- Energy & Water Development
- Military Construction-Veterans Affairs
We welcome applications for Community Project Funding! Unfortunately, we cannot advance all requests, and are limited to 15 for Fiscal Year 2024. Note: Community Project Funding applications that move forward in this process will still need to pass through Congress in a final spending bill and eventually signed into law by the President. Our team will remain in communication with you on our efforts to advocate on behalf of all our selected projects. We ask that you carefully review all the eligibility criteria related to the specific account you are applying for and make sure that your project and organization meet the requirements before applying.
If it is determined that your project or organization does not meet the eligibility criteria or your project is not selected for submission, please know that we are committed to partnering with all community and district stakeholders beyond this CPF application process. Our team is happy to work with you to research and connect to other funding opportunities that your project might be eligible for.
We ask that you keep communications and inquiries, as much as possible, to written requests made to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with all applicants to serve the residents of the IL-03 Congressional District.