Constituent Services Director
Alderman Andre Vasquez ~ 40th Ward, City of Chicago
Description: The Director of Constituent Services serves as the primary point of contact for constituents and community
organizations. They are responsible for responding to a wide range of residents’ concerns including sanitation,
construction, and quality of life matters; identifying potential solutions; and serving as a proactive advocate for residents.
● Report directly to the chief of staff and supervise department interns and volunteers.
● Answer constituent requests while managing and maintaining data with particular focus on:
○ Construction, Infrastructure, Parking
○ Streets and Sanitation
○ Department of Water Management
● Volunteer Training:
○ Facilitate volunteer Solutions Team training.
○ Work with office volunteers to help respond to day-to-day constituent requests, manage office operations,
and tracking databases.
● Community Outreach:
○ Cultivate relationships with Precinct Partners, Neighborhood Associations, and Block Clubs.
○ Facilitate the Community People’s Budget (Participatory Budget) process.
● Prepares weekly and annual reports.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● City of Chicago resident.
● Multilingual applicants are strongly encouraged.
● Strong time management, organization skills, managing digital records, and documenting follow up.
● Commitment to transparency, accountability, and co-governing with residents and a broad array of stakeholders
including constituents, elected officials, community representatives, advocates, government agencies, etc.
● Ability to work some evenings and maintain a flexible schedule for community meetings.
● Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with an ability to exercise independent judgment.
● Experience / Proficiency with AirTable, Salesforce, Slack, Google Suites, Canva, VAN, Zoom
● Position is full-time salaried with benefits.
● Salary range is $45,000 – $55,000 comparable with experience.
How to apply:
● Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
● Put your First Name Last Name & Constituent Services Director in the subject line.
● Applications will be accepted and reviewed through Friday – October 16, 2020.
The office of Alderman Andre Vasquez is an equal opportunity employer that values diverse experiences and perspectives.
Our office is committed to elevating marginalized voices and collaborating with all stakeholders
to build a community grounded in diversity, democracy, and equity.