COVID-19 Supply Production
If you are a manufacturer who can currently produce (or can shift production to) COVID-19 essential supplies like face masks, sterilizing wipes, ventilators or ventilator parts, digital thermometers, PAPR hoods, etc., the Illinois Manufacturers Association is working with the state government to help ramp up in-state production. Fill out the IMA intake form to get involved!
Businesses seeking supply contracts for COVID-19 related goods can also email COVID.firstname.lastname@example.org for bid information from the state government.
Emergency Loans & Other Resources
- Com Ed has created a new program to help small businesses, offering $1.5 million in financial assistance for one-time grants to cover 30 percent of past-due balances – up to $1,000 – and, for eligible small-business customers, a new flexible-payment option. These programs are available for a limited time, so any small business customer experiencing a financial hardship should contact ComEd immediately at 1-800-334-7661 (1-800-EDISON-1), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to learn more about their assistance options and enroll in these or any of ComEd’s bill-assistance programs.
- Federal Paycheck Protection Program – up to 100% forgivable loans for payroll, rent/mortgage, and utilities.
- grant guidelines and the application questions + instructions document for additional details about how to apply to the Fund. As new funding cycles become available, they will be posted on this website. Please check back for updates. -Please download the Chicago Community COVID-19 Response Fund
- Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund – New City of Chicago public-private partnership providing low-interest emergency loans for businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Small Business Association COVID-19 Resources – Federal resources and fact sheets for businesses affected by COVID-19. Includes links to Economic Injury Disaster Loan applications and other emergency funding options.
- Facebook Small Business Grants – Up to $2500 in cash support and $1500 in free Facebook ads. For business with between 2 and 50 employees.
- Hospitality Emergency Grant Program – Direct grants from the state’s Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for restaurants, bars, and hotels. APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
- FIN IMPACT Small Business Guide
- SBA: Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Payroll Protection Program – Cook County Commissioner Bridget Gainer Town Hall Slide Deck
- Arts Work Fund – COVID-19 emergency grants for fine arts organizations
- LISC/Verizon Small Business Grants – up to $10,000 grants for woman-owned and minority-owned businesses.
- Illinois Small Business Survey – Assist the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in evaluating specific areas of need at this time.
- Chicago Small Business Survey – Provide feedback as BACP develops resources and measures to support small businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19
- Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) COVID-19 Page – City of Chicago’s main page for business-specific resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- US Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response Toolkit – Right now it’s mostly just graphics and information resources, but hopefully they’ll be adding resources as they’re able to bring them online.
- Chicago Hospitality Employee Relief Guide – Grassroots spreadsheet listing Chicago businesses with employee relief fund charity links and/or links where supporters can purchase gift cards or otherwise contribute digital support to hospitality businesses. Started by a 40th Ward resident, so many of the businesses are North Side, but it’s expected to grow through word-of-mouth.
- Freelance Artist Resources – Compilation by city/state of resources (including emergency grants) for freelance artists and nonprofit arts groups.
- BACP Consumer Fraud Hotline – For any COVID-19 related consumer fraud, price gouging, etc. complaints.
- IRS COVID-19 Info Page – Tax credit and COVID-19 relief information.
- Set Up a Free Fundraising Store through Barrel Maker Printing
- Hovercast – offering free licenses to small business owners to hold virtual events with audience participation.
- Dining at a Distance – List your business on several websites if you are continuing delivery, takeout, catering, or gift cards.
- Chicago Tribune – Add your restaurant to the list of Chicago-area restaurants open during the coronavirus shutdown.
Health info handouts to display: