COVID-19 Supply Production
If you are a manufacturer who can currently produce (or can shift production to) COVID-19 essential supplies like face masks, sterilizing wipes, ventilators or ventilator parts, digital thermometers, PAPR hoods, etc., the Illinois Manufacturers Association is working with the state government to help ramp up in-state production. Fill out the IMA intake form to get involved!
Emergency Loans & Other Resources
We expect more forms of assistance to become available as state and federal disaster relief efforts shift into high gear, but these are government and grassroots resources for businesses and employees that we are already aware of:
- Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund – New City of Chicago public-private partnership providing low-interest emergency loans for businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Small Business Association COVID-19 Resources – Federal resources and fact sheets for businesses affected by COVID-19. Includes links to Economic Injury Disaster Loan applications and other emergency funding options. Webinar training materials
- Hospitality Emergency Grant Program – Direct grants from the state’s Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for restaurants, bars, and hotels.
- Illinois Small Business Survey – Assist the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in evaluating specific areas of need at this time.
- Chicago Small Business Survey – Provide feedback as BACP develops resources and measures to support small businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19
- Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) COVID-19 Page – City of Chicago’s main page for business-specific resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- US Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Response Toolkit – Right now it’s mostly just graphics and information resources, but hopefully they’ll be adding resources as they’re able to bring them online.
- Chicago Hospitality Employee Relief Guide – Grassroots spreadsheet listing Chicago businesses with employee relief fund charity links and/or links where supporters can purchase gift cards or otherwise contribute digital support to hospitality businesses. Started by a 40th Ward resident, so many of the businesses are North Side, but it’s expected to grow through word-of-mouth.
- Freelance Artist Resources – Compilation by city/state of resources (including emergency grants) for freelance artists and nonprofit arts groups.
- BACP Consumer Fraud Hotline – For any COVID-19 related consumer fraud, price gouging, etc. complaints.
- IRS COVID-19 Info Page – Tax credit and COVID-19 relief information.
- Set Up a Free Fundraising Store through Barrel Maker Printing
- Hovercast – offering free licenses to small business owners to hold virtual events with audience participation.
- Dining at a Distance – List your business on several websites if you are continuing delivery, takeout, catering, or gift cards.
- Chicago Tribune – Add your restaurant to the list of Chicago-area restaurants open during the coronavirus shutdown.