40th Ward Neighbor Network
Here in the 40th Ward, we are connecting neighbors with needs to neighbors who have the ability to make check-in calls and/or perform no-contact dropoffs of groceries and supplies. Use the forms below to sign up as a volunteer, or to request volunteer support for a need you are experiencing:
Volunteering and Donations
- Any individuals or businesses with face masks, sterile gloves, gowns, or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available for donation can email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions to the nearest site of need.
- Sittercity’s “Chicago Responds” program – Volunteer to provide child care for the family of one of these workers keeping our city going.
- Chicago Service Relief – A directory of fundraisers for Chicago bars, venues, restaurants, and other service-based businesses that can use our help during the state-mandated shutdown.
- Chicago Covid-19 Response Fund – Supporting local nonprofit organizations serving our region’s most vulnerable neighbors.
- The Covid 19 Hardship and Help Fund – Started by 40th Ward neighbor Kelly Hayes.
- Andersonville, Edgewater, Uptown Community Response Fund – providing flexible resources to organizations, communities, and individuals.
- Serve Illinois – A list of volunteer opportunities. Organizations can sign up to request volunteers as well.
- Lakeview Pantry – If you’re healthy and want to help, we need people who can sort, organize, and box food; help distribute food during pick up times; drive our vans to pick up food; or drive your own car to deliver food to home bound seniors. Email volunteers@lakeviewpantr
y.org for a virtual orientation and get right to work on an upcoming shift. Donate here: https://www.lakeviewpantry.org/donate/
- Friendship Center – Food pantry (2733 W Lawrence Ave) needs paper bags or plastic bags to pack groceries; milk; baby products specifically wipes, diapers of all sizes. Call (773) 907-6388. Accepting monetary donations also.
Support Local Businesses
Several of our 40th Ward Chambers of Commerce are posting “Yes We’re Open!” business lists with COVID-19 hours and dropoff/delivery information. Others continue to update their member business directories with the most recent and up-to-date information:
- Lincoln-Square Ravenswood COVID-19 Support Page
- Rogers Park Business Alliance List of Businesses Remaining Open/Accepting Donations
- Edgewater Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Andersonville Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Lincoln Bend Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- West Ridge Chamber of Commerce Business Directory