40th Ward Neighbor Network
Here in the 40th Ward, we are connecting neighbors with needs to neighbors who have the ability to make check-in calls and/or perform no-contact dropoffs of groceries and supplies. Use the forms below to sign up as a volunteer, or to request volunteer support for a need you are experiencing:
If you’re able to help phonebank to our neighbors in need, join for the weekly Zoom conferences:
- Thursday Team Check-ins, Planning, and Training – Thursday evenings, 6-7pm
- Sunday Digital Phone Banks – Sundays 12-2pm
Volunteering and Donations
- Any individuals or businesses with face masks, sterile gloves, gowns, or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available for donation can email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions to the nearest site of need.
- Mask Match: Mask Match is a peer-to-peer platform helping people with spare N95 and surgical masks send them directly to healthcare workers on the front lines who need them — without needing to leave their house.
- Give in Kind – Donate meals for Chicago Area COVID-19 Healthcare Workers
- A Meal Today A Meal Tomorrow – Support local restaurants and students experiencing food insecurity.
- Sittercity’s “Chicago Responds” program – Volunteer to provide child care for the family of one of these workers keeping our city going.
- Chicago Service Relief – A directory of fundraisers for Chicago bars, venues, restaurants, and other service-based businesses that can use our help during the state-mandated shutdown.
- Chicago Covid-19 Response Fund – Supporting local nonprofit organizations serving our region’s most vulnerable neighbors.
- The Covid 19 Hardship and Help Fund – Started by 40th Ward neighbor Kelly Hayes.
- Andersonville, Edgewater, Uptown Community Response Fund – providing flexible resources to organizations, communities, and individuals.
- Serve Illinois – A list of volunteer opportunities. Organizations can sign up to request volunteers as well.
- Lakeview Pantry – If you’re healthy and want to help, we need people who can sort, organize, and box food; help distribute food during pick up times; drive our vans to pick up food; or drive your own car to deliver food to home bound seniors. Email volunteers@lakeviewpantr
y.org for a virtual orientation and get right to work on an upcoming shift. Donate here: https://www.lakeviewpantry.org/donate/
- Friendship Center – Food pantry (2733 W Lawrence Ave) needs paper bags or plastic bags to pack groceries; milk; baby products specifically wipes, diapers of all sizes. Call (773) 907-6388. Accepting monetary donations also.
- Centro Romero – Community-based organization that serves the refugee immigrant population on the northeast side of Chicago.
- Brave Space Alliance – Brave Space Alliance, in partnership with the Trans Liberation Collective, has launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund for trans, non-binary, and intersex individuals. Those who are interested in donating can do so using the Trans Relief Fund’s dedicated Action Network or Brave Space Alliance’s Venmo.
Support Local Businesses
Several of our 40th Ward Chambers of Commerce are posting “Yes We’re Open!” business lists with COVID-19 hours and dropoff/delivery information. Others continue to update their member business directories with the most recent and up-to-date information:
- Lincoln-Square Ravenswood COVID-19 Support Page
- Rogers Park Business Alliance List of Businesses Remaining Open/Accepting Donations
- Edgewater Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Andersonville Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- Lincoln Bend Chamber of Commerce Business Directory
- West Ridge Chamber of Commerce Business Directory