Office of Alderman Andre Vasquez ~ 40th Ward, City of Chicago
Constituent Services Deputy Aide
Description: This individual works with the Director of Constituent Services and Community Outreach to address constituent services requests. They help respond to a wide range of residents’ concerns including sanitation, construction, and quality of life matters; identifying potential solutions; and serving as a proactive advocate for residents. This is a paid internship position that runs June 1, 2020 through August 7, 2020.
- Report directly to the Director of Constituent Services and Community Outreach.
- Manage and maintain data pertaining to constituent outreach with particular focus on:
- Streets and Sanitation – street sweeping, snow removal, trash/recycling, pest control, etc.
- Lighting – smart lighting along with street and alley lights
- Department of Water Management – sewers, water in basement/backyard, etc.
- Parking – permits, exemptions, taxis, disabled permits, speed humps
- Develop and execute monthly ward events to be hosted in collaboration with our Saturday ward hours.
- Work with office volunteers to help manage day-to-day office operations.
- Answer constituent requests through phone calls, emails, and in-person.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- City of Chicago resident.
- Currently an undergraduate Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior.
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to hold conversations on sensitive, critical matters while being empathetic, respectful, and honest.
- Multilingual applicants are strongly encouraged.
- Resourceful, responsive, and service-minded. Willing to go the extra mile and seek creative solutions.
- Ability to work some evenings and maintain a flexible schedule for community meetings.
- Position is full time
- Compensation: $13 an hour for 35 hours a week
How to apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Put your FIRST NAME LAST NAME & Constituent Services Deputy Aide in the subject line.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed through Friday, May 8, 2020
The office of Alderman Andre Vasquez is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. All applicants must meet all requirements for employment by the city.