Thank you neighbors who came out to the Stabilization Housing Meeting on May 31st 2023. We have reviewed and answered all of the questions submitted through our form that closed June 9th 2023 . You can find the answers to these questions here. Please review this document to see if your question has already been answered.
City of Chicago Department of Housing’s Proposed Timeline
- May 31st – 40th Ward Community Meeting
- June 21st – Acquisition authority introduction at City Council
- July (Date TBD) – Proposal voted on at the Housing and Real Estate Committee Meeting*
- July 19th – Acquisition authority voted by full council at City Council Meeting*; Plan development introduction
- Mid-July – Delegate Agency chosen
- August 17 – Plan Commission Hearing
- September (Date TBD)– Planned Development voted on at the Committee on Zoning, Landmarks, and Building Standards Meeting*
- September 13th – Plan Development decision voted on by full council at City Council meeting*
- August (Date TBD) – 40th Ward Community Meeting with an update from CDPH and the selected Delegate Agency partner
- December – Program Launch
For all Meeting marked with an asterisk (*) the public is welcome and encouraged to give public comments on the project. Click here to view the City Council and Committee Meeting Public Comment Process.
Please find presentation slides and video recording from the 5/31/23 40th Ward community meeting