The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) is conducting a streetscape improvement project along Clark Street from Devon Avenue to Arthur Avenue.
Building off of the Vision Clark Street Corridor Master Plan, the project aims to increase safety, improve walkability, improve traffic flow, and enhance community identity and public space.
The Clark Street, Devon Avenue to Arthur Avenue streetscape project contractors host a weekly construction update with time for questions every Wednesday at 9:00 am via Teams. Click here to join!
- Public Meeting #1 – Summer 2020
- Task Force Meeting #2 – Late summer 2020
- Public Meeting #2 – Fall 2020
- Task Force Meeting #3 – Spring 2021
- Final Public Meeting – Spring 2021
- Construction Start – Summer 2023
- Substantial Completion – 2024
- New sidewalks and parkway pavers.
- New street trees
- Mid-block crossing to the CTA station
- Renovated plaza at Clark and Schreiber
- Closure of Arthur Ave between Clark St and Ashland Ave
to create new public open space
- Landscaped median on Clark St
- Full width roadway resurfacing
- New lighting
- Drainage improvements and new curb and gutter
- CTA bus turnaround improvements
- Reconfigured public parking lot at Clark and Devon
- New pavement markings
- Neighborhood identifiers
Archive of Meetings
In the News
- Weigh in on design elements of the Clark/Devon Streetscape project, StreetsBlog Chicago,
- Clark And Devon To Get Massive Overhaul. Here’s How Neighbors Can Weigh In, BlockClub Chicago, Jul 23, 2020