Metra is adding a station/stop on the UP-N line at Peterson Avenue.
The station will be an elevated platform and warming house above Peterson Avenue, with entrances on both the north and south sides of the street. A small drop-off and disabled parking circle drive will be installed north of Peterson Avenue, with nose-in parking spaces running along Ravenswood Avenue south of Peterson Avenue.
Ald. Andre Vasquez’s office is hopeful the new station could bring better connectivity to the 40th Ward, providing easy routes to downtown and the North Shore.
“I think it’s going to make that neighborhood more appealing to a lot of folks who don’t currently live there, but may want to once they realize they have that ease of transit getting downtown,” said Geoffrey Cubbage, Vasquez’s director of development and legislation.
The site would be a good fit for the city’s equitable transit-oriented development plan, Cubbage said, which calls for equitable access to “dense, mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented development near transit hubs.”
- 10/14/2022 – Peterson/Ridge Metra Project Updates
- 10/12/2022 – Peterson/Ridge Metra Project Updates
- 09/23/2022 – Peterson/Ridge Metra Project Updates
In the News
- Metra, state and local officials break ground on new Peterson Ridge Station, Metra Newsroom, Nov 1, 2022
- After multiple snafus, Metra breaks ground on long-awaited Peterson/Ridge station, by Courtney Cobbs and Igor Studenkov for StreetsBlog Chicago, 2021
- New Metra Station In Edgewater Will Help Transform Area, Officials Say: ‘I Am Elated’, by Joe Ward for BlockClub Chicago, Nov 2, 2021
- Metra to break ground on long-planned Peterson Ridge station in Edgewater, by Sarah Freishtat for Chicago Tribune, Oct 25, 2021