The Chicago Department of Public Health provides information, support resources, and services.
General Health Resources
- Chicago Health Atlas – health-related data over time and across communities
- Health Services and Preventative Care
- WIC – Women Infant Children Program
- Mental Health Centers
- Find a neighborhood health clinic
COVID-19 Support and Resources
Get vaccinated at home
All Chicagoans age 6 months and older are eligible to be vaccinated at home through the City of Chicago’s, “Protect Chicago At Home” program. Learn more and get vaccinated at home.
- Coronavirus Response Center
- City of Chicago COVID Dashboard – Latest Data
- Find a Pediatric Covid Testing Site
- Find a Illinois Department of Public Health Testing Site
- Vaccines for COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick or caring for someone via the CDC
- Get the Facts: Mpox (Monkey Pox)
- Gender Based Violence
- Bullying and Suicide Prevention
- Free HIV Testing
Environmental Issues and Complaints
The Department of Public Health’s inspectors respond to a variety of citizen complaints. Typically, environmental complaints include odors, noise, air emissions, toxic or hazardous materials, junkyards and illegal dumping.
- Environmental Permitting and Inspection
- Asbestos and Lead Hazards
- Health Inspections – Food Service Complaints
In July of 2023, the 40th Ward Environmental Board released its Sustainability Guide, a living document meant to spread awareness and encourage individual actions to curb climate chaos on a local level. If you are interested in contributing to this project, join the Environmental Board!
News & Updates: Public Health
Contact the 40th Ward Office
Our office works to ensure you feel supported, connected, and valued. Please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have—we are here to help!