Chicago Public Schools (CPS) has announced that all CPS classes have been canceled for Thursday, October 17, because CPS and the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) have been unable to reach an agreement.
While there will be no classes, schools will remain open with programming for students led by CPS staff.
Here are some key points:
- Before-school or after-school programs, including extended day, will not be available.
- CPS has requested that children attending school register in advance HERE.
- CPS buses will not be in service.
- Breakfast and lunches will be served at schools; take home dinners are available as well.
- Alternative sites are also available for students (libraries, parks, churches). Search for sites near you HERE.
- More information is available HERE.
We will continue to share updates as we receive them.
Alderman, 40th Ward