Come work at the 40th Ward office! Fill out the application here and see information on the position below. Applications due on or before May 3rd.
Alderperson Andre Vasquez
40th Ward, City of Chicago
Description: The part-time Administrative Coordinator works with the Chief of Staff largely on clerical tasks to ensure the office runs smoothly. This role will be focused on day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, billing/budgeting, answering phone calls, greeting constituents, preparing documents for meetings, and managing calendars. The role will also include processing constituent service requests.
- Report directly to the Chief of Staff and supervise department volunteers and interns as applicable.
- Work with 40th Ward team to address and resolve incoming phone, email, and walk-in constituent service requests.
- Maintaining Alder and Office calendar/schedule
- Working with the Alder to develop communications from the Ward Office (newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Flyering and ward surveying
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Resident of Chicago, IL.
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to hold conversations on sensitive, critical matters while being empathetic, respectful, and honest.
- Resourceful, responsive, and service-minded. Willing to go the extra mile and seek creative solutions.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; maintain a flexible schedule for events.
- Highly organized
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in using AirTable and/or Salesforce
- Experience with Mailchimp and Canvas/Graphic Design software
- Experience with Social Media platforms
- Knowledge of the 40th Ward
- Billing/Budgeting Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish or Hindi/Urdu)
- Position is part-time: 28 hrs/week
The office of Alder Andre Vasquez is an equal opportunity employe that values diverese experiences and perspectives. Candidates must meet all requirements for employment by the city.